Medium and large companies have technical writers who work in corp comms, HR, training, marketing, and IT. Technical writers generally create materials in three areas that I describe in my elevator speech post. And although you may have teams of writers on staff, you may have an immediate need or a specific requirement that cannot be met by your current staff.
- Save time and money by hiring an expert writer when your organization does not have the skills
- Write, edit, and publish integrated and embedded user assistance for software, web sites, and web & mobile applications
- Develop and update online help
- Create installation, end-user, training, and development-related documentation
- Write white papers that showcase your industry, technology, or products in the context of solving problems and innovation